Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete mailbox

When I try to delete a mailbox in Mail, I get this message: The operation couldn't be completed. (MCMailErrorDomain error 1030.) I have restarted and tried again but no success.

Any suggestions?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 9:53 AM

30 replies

Apr 4, 2020 2:45 AM in response to 93Chagf0rd37

It seems to suggest that there is a server issue at Apple's level.

If you are getting the error, I would suggest updating to the latest version of macOS. It may fix the issue. If you are already on the most recent OS. I would raise the issue with Apple Support. They may not be able to fix it during the call. But they will log it, and as was the case with me, it will eventually correct itself.

Be patient.

Mar 22, 2020 1:30 PM in response to grandmacs

EtreCheck is a simple little app to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac.

http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

Pastebin is a good place to paste the whole report...

https://pastebin.com/

Or use the paperclip at the bottom of a Reply to attach the full report here. :)

Workable but harder for me to work with...the Note tool on the bottom of this editor's toolbar, as shown in the image, to copy and paste the output from EtreCheck.

There is also free Malwarebytes which may take care of it...

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

Mar 22, 2020 12:16 PM in response to grandmacs

I am experiencing the same problem as "grandmacs" using a 2018 MBP running Catalina. I cannot remove a mailbox which I created in iCloud. I have tried deleting it through accessing iCloud via Safari and mailbox cannot be deleted. On my Mac, I can rename this mailbox and move it within the iCloud mailboxes, but cannot delete it. I have also tried deleting this mailbox on two separate iOS devices and mailbox cannot be deleted. Given these facts, I believe it is an iCloud server issue.

Mar 22, 2020 6:35 PM in response to grandmacs

grandmacs Said:

"Delete mailbox: When I try to delete a mailbox in Mail, I get this message: The operation couldn't be completed. (MCMailErrorDomain error 1030.) I have restarted and tried again but no success. Any suggestions?"

-------

IMAP4 and POP3: Syncing may be the Issue Here:

eMail Providers' FAQ and Support Forums:

Post and ask this question on your eMail provider's FAQ and Support Forums. For instance, if you are using Gmail, you would go here: Gmail Community - Google Support. Search for the answer too.

Broadband Being Down:

Perhaps, something is down with their server, or things are being updated at the moment. Broadband is down in Europe at the moment, due to everyone being home and using the Internet services, as a result of the Coronavirus Pandemic. So, find out if that is why.

Mar 24, 2020 4:45 PM in response to TheLittles

They have escalated the issue. Apparently others are having the same problem. Issue appears to be on Apple's end.....iCloud? I have done nothing on my end other than communicate the problem and what I have attempted to do unsuccessfully from my end. If you've seen earlier post, I cannot delete a mailbox I created in iCloud from the Apple Mail client on my MBP, from iCloud through Safari or from two different iOS devices. I have done this periodically in the past.

Delete mailbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.