Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus on IPhone

How do I get rid of a virus on my calendar app? I have alerts every hour of everyday showing up on my calendar that I did not make and I can’t delete .

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 1:51 PM

See the reply from Axel F at: Spam in my calendar - Apple Community

5 replies

Mar 29, 2020 4:11 AM in response to esme39

1. Go to the Home screen, tap the Calendar icon, and select the Calendars tab at the bottom.
  2. Spot the malicious calendar in the subsection called “On My iPhone”. The unwanted entry will usually have an icon whose color and design resembles those of the annoying events you’ve been seeing in the Calendar app.
  3. Tap the “i” button next to the rogue entry, select the “Delete Calendar” option, and confirm the removal.

If you are using an older version of iOS, then the process of eliminating the dodgy calendar is as follows:

1. Tap Settings in the Home screen and select Passwords & Accounts.
  2. Under the subsection called Accounts, find an unfamiliar account whose access permissions include, among other things, the “Calendars” feature. Its name may be “Subscribed Calendars”, “Other Calendars”, or similar.
  3. Select the unwanted account and tap the “Delete Account” button at the bottom.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Virus on IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.