Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X: Tempo Adjustment/Syncing of Imported Audio Files

I have been separately editing two audio files on Logic Pro X that I downloaded from the internet, and I want to make a mashup of them. The tempos are different and I cannot figure out a way to change it for either of them. Apparently, you cannot adjust the tempo of an imported audio file because it doesn't have a tempo associated with it. So, I used the smart tempo editor to analyze the region, and it gave a constant tempo of 104.0 BPM. I did the same for the other region (112.0 BPM). Even then, I couldn't change the tempo of either. I tried turning on flex and nothing changed. Does anyone have a solution? If anyone at  reads this, how about a feature which aligns the beat markers of multiple tracks at a given tempo?

Thanks,

Leo

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 6:48 PM

I cannot provide a detailed answer right now but the strategy is as follow:

Ensure all the files are properly Beat/Tempo marked.

Select one file as the project Tempo reference.

Be sure the Audio regions Flex and Follow setting is set properly.

Look at the following link: Match the tempo automatically in Logic Pro X - Apple Support. Be sure to check the link about Flex and Follow at the bottom.

WD

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2020 6:48 PM in response to leosclam

I cannot provide a detailed answer right now but the strategy is as follow:

Ensure all the files are properly Beat/Tempo marked.

Select one file as the project Tempo reference.

Be sure the Audio regions Flex and Follow setting is set properly.

Look at the following link: Match the tempo automatically in Logic Pro X - Apple Support. Be sure to check the link about Flex and Follow at the bottom.

WD

Logic Pro X: Tempo Adjustment/Syncing of Imported Audio Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.