Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ Subscription No Longer Working

I got the free subscription after buying new devices in November. It worked for a while, now it doesn’t. Keeps wanting me to subscribe again at $4.99/mo

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 6:07 AM

Hello DavidDavid and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you have a concern about the Apple TV+ promotion.

Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple

Are you still signed in using the same Apple ID in the iTunes and App Stores that you used to redeem the offer?

Have you changed the region associated with your Apple ID?

Cheers.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2020 6:07 AM in response to DavidDavid

Hello DavidDavid and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you have a concern about the Apple TV+ promotion.

Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple

Are you still signed in using the same Apple ID in the iTunes and App Stores that you used to redeem the offer?

Have you changed the region associated with your Apple ID?

Cheers.

Mar 23, 2020 7:13 AM in response to ryane77

Same ID, same Region. I had been using it a couple of months ago fine, but when I went to sign in last week it showed “suscribe here” as the only option. When I cancelled out of that dialog, looks like your system cancelled my active free subscription, and once cancelled, apparently it can never be reinstated. Really bad workflow and bug in your system and now I am stuck.

Mar 23, 2020 11:44 AM in response to vazandrew

No one else in the household uses this account.

The only thing I did was click on "Subscribe" - which should not have appeared in the first place and then cancelled out of that screen when it presented my with the form to enter credit card information --- if you system deems that a cancellation, then there is something wrong with the workflow.

I have not cancelled my subscription. If it happened it was either a system issue or not intended. Throwing terms and Conditions at some of Apple's best customers does not help the situation. This is your service, not a third-party and you have full control and ability to make it right. It's in your hands to make it right....

Mar 23, 2020 12:57 PM in response to DavidDavid

This is a user forum, no one here works for Apple.

As already stated a subscription will not cancel on it's own. It was showing 'Subscribe" due to the fact it was previously cancelled and now required reactivation.

I also activated the offer in November and it is still active, and that would be the case for all users unless they chose to cancel. You are the one claiming such a scenario, and if there were such a bug then it would be impacting most users, with this forum consistently full of similar reports.

Your only option would be to contact Apple support and see if they grant an exception, but it is within their discretion. The intent was not the throw terms at you, but to reiterate what was stated therein. All offers have them and being a good customer does not negate them.

You can do what you want with the information. There is nothing further to say so I will be bowing out of this discussion.

Apple TV+ Subscription No Longer Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.