Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Apple TV not recognizing my subscription that I've had for months? It only asks for FREE TRIAL or play free episode.

Why is Apple TV not recognizing my subscription that I've had for months? It only asks for FREE TRIAL or play free episode.

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 9:01 PM

5 replies

Dec 2, 2021 5:42 AM in response to Urquhart1244

AppleTV2, model A1625. I doubt this is a hardware issue. I've rebooted and logged-out/in numerous times. In addition to this issue I am plagued with frequent requests across all my devices (iPhone6, MacBookPro) to sign in to iCloud. Granted none of my devices are current models running the latest software. So is this Apple's way of selling more hardware units?

The problem exists only with my AppleTV subscription, not with HBO or any other streaming service. I'm being billed for my AppleTV subscription via PayPal.

My thanks to anyone who can offer any help and advice.

Dec 3, 2021 8:29 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks Urquhart1244 but can you believe it? I go to the iTunes store/account information and click on Manage under Subscriptions and NOTHING happens. I logged out and back in with no change. Very frustrating. Is there an 800 # I can call for help?

BTW, I said that I was using PayPal for my subscription but actually am using a credit card. Last AppleTV bill was on Nov 4. No change to my credit card or billing preferences in iTunes.

Very frustrating when things don't work for no apparent reason.

Thanks again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.