Apple TV subscription

If I already have an Apple TV subscription that is current, do I also have to purchase an Apple TV+subscription? I tried to watch an Apple TV+ movie last night & was prompted to purchase an Apple TV+ subscription as though my current subscription was not recognized.

1080p,

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 12:19 PM

There is no Apple TV subscription other than Apple TV+. But some content in the Apple TV app may require third party content provider subscriptions. That wouldn’t be Apple TV+ content, though.

See your subscription overview - Apple

Verify that you were signed in to the Apple TV app, else the subscription may not be recognized and applied.

On what device were you trying to watch Apple TV+ content? Watch on supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple Support

What Apple TV+ movie were you trying to watch? List of Apple TV+ original films - Wikipedia

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2023 12:19 PM in response to Virginia629

There is no Apple TV subscription other than Apple TV+. But some content in the Apple TV app may require third party content provider subscriptions. That wouldn’t be Apple TV+ content, though.

See your subscription overview - Apple

Verify that you were signed in to the Apple TV app, else the subscription may not be recognized and applied.

On what device were you trying to watch Apple TV+ content? Watch on supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple Support

What Apple TV+ movie were you trying to watch? List of Apple TV+ original films - Wikipedia

Jun 5, 2023 12:14 AM in response to Virginia629

The Apple TV app is supposed to write some preferences to disk when the app is closed, including the current signed-in user, so it can load that again at a later time. Users shouldn’t have to sign in each time, unless they sign out, reset, or delete and reinstall the app.

- Verify that your TV system software is up-to-date.

- Verify that the Apple TV app on your smart TV is up-to-date, or set to update automatically.

- Try a ‘cold’ restart of the TV system. (Really off for a moment, not standby-wake.)

Please contact Apple Support when your experience is different, as then your copy of the app isn’t working as it should.

Apple TV subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.