You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

straight talk locked my phone

Straight Talk locked my phone, I decided to change service and they told me they wouldnt unlock phone because I didnt have service with them for a year..I brought and payed for the phone from walmart.com..I want my phone back

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 5:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 5:36 AM

Hi Janice,

The sad truth about this is that Straight Talk has your iPhone locked and they will not unlock it unless 1 Year has elapsed with your service relation with them. I know you bought the iPhone from Walmart however it came with those conditions as stated above. They should have, and probably did, stated the lock/unlock status in your agreement with them.

I know you have changed service so maybe it is worth it to call Straight Talk again and ask them whether they would unlock your iPhone for a small penalty fee for getting out earlier than 1 Year.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 22, 2020 5:36 AM in response to janicewilson

Hi Janice,

The sad truth about this is that Straight Talk has your iPhone locked and they will not unlock it unless 1 Year has elapsed with your service relation with them. I know you bought the iPhone from Walmart however it came with those conditions as stated above. They should have, and probably did, stated the lock/unlock status in your agreement with them.

I know you have changed service so maybe it is worth it to call Straight Talk again and ask them whether they would unlock your iPhone for a small penalty fee for getting out earlier than 1 Year.

Axel F.

straight talk locked my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.