You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Max will randomly turn off and power back on a few seconds later

Iphone 11 pro max will randomly turn off, a few seconds later will power back on. When I'm using the phone it will freeze up then shut off. I also noticed the day prior to the random shutdowns , my iPhone would not retain my Apple Id for certain applications.

When trying to backup through iTunes on my Mac Book Pro, the iPhone will not stay on long enough to backup. If I could restore I would clear phone and start over.

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 5:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 6:05 AM

Shut it down going to Settings>General>Shut Down (the last option at the very bottom), and wait for 10 minutes, before trying to turn it on.

Before doing that, check if your iphone is connected to your wifi network. Should be this case, disconnect it, and shut down your modem-router, for at least 10 minutes.

Then restart your modem router (waiting for its complete auto configuration), and, in the end, turn on your iPhone

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 22, 2020 6:05 AM in response to r80ranger

Shut it down going to Settings>General>Shut Down (the last option at the very bottom), and wait for 10 minutes, before trying to turn it on.

Before doing that, check if your iphone is connected to your wifi network. Should be this case, disconnect it, and shut down your modem-router, for at least 10 minutes.

Then restart your modem router (waiting for its complete auto configuration), and, in the end, turn on your iPhone

Regards

Giulio

Mar 22, 2020 6:06 AM in response to r80ranger

Your iPhone 11 Pro Max is less than a year old and is still covered by the Apple 1YR Limited Warranty. Take advantage of this when the Apple Stores open up and have them examine your iPhone.

Meanwhile can you try ➔ Force ReStarting Your iPhone if you have not done so? If this improves its performance then try and connect to your computer and restore it.

Axel F.

iPhone 11 Pro Max will randomly turn off and power back on a few seconds later

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.