iPhone won’t power back on

I had just got my iphone8 after having the home bottom, Front camera and speaker need to be fixed after my husband was replacing the battery and the screen fall to far. The phone was working for a few days. Then with tons of battery it turned off and wouldnt turn back on. I put it on the charger(apple) for a few hours. The only thing that happened was the apple was turning on and off every few seconds. I tried holding the buttons and was able to get to the screen that shows a laptop, charger and apple website. However when I plug it into my laptop it wont do anything. Any other ideas for me to try. All my pictures and stuff are still on there. The phone I’m using now is iphone7 and it won’t backup to the other phone last backup. And 7 can’t get anymore updates!! Thank you I tried to add the video showing it plugged in but it won’t let me

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 8:14 AM

Who did all these repairs? Was it Apple? Or someone else? It sounds as if, between your husband trying to replace the battery and whoever did all those other repairs, something was damaged. If you had the repairs done by Apple, take the phone back. There is a 90-day warranty on repairs.

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 18, 2023 7:59 AM in response to Boss-Lady86

Just a thought in the off chance this is the cause. My son had similar prob & phone eventually stopped working. Even took it to Genius Bar but no one could fix it.

Turned out there was built up lint in the charging port. I used a rubber coated paperclip to gently pull it out, phone turned on & was 100% ok after that. You can also use a toothpick or can of air. We now regularly clean our phone ports & my men put their phones upside down in their pants pockets.

iPhone won’t power back on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.