Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem with safari, mail and app store

Got a problem with those apps, safari and app store when opened are empty windows, mail doesn't even open at all (although it appears the dot under the icon in the dock).

The internet connection in stable and working so that's not the problem.

Any advise on what to do, please?

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 10:55 AM

Hello m_pesk.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, you are experiencing issues with many of your apps not properly opening or not opening at all. I know that it is important to have a working MacBook, and I will be glad to assist.

Let's try safe mode first to see if it helps:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If the issue persists, I would recommend a test user account:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Cheers.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2020 10:55 AM in response to m_pesk

Hello m_pesk.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, you are experiencing issues with many of your apps not properly opening or not opening at all. I know that it is important to have a working MacBook, and I will be glad to assist.

Let's try safe mode first to see if it helps:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If the issue persists, I would recommend a test user account:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Cheers.

Mar 24, 2020 7:33 AM in response to Chris_D13

Thank you so much!

I tried the safe mode first but the same issues occurred, so I followed the second method. In the new account I created, Mail at first opens up but when I start to configure an account it tells me the app has no internet connection. Safari as well shows the charging bar under the url stopping almost at the beginning and never completing and the app store shows always its empty window.

But the internet connection is working, because I can go on the internet through Chrome without any problem.

So I guess there's a connection issue between those apps and the Internet, any ideas on how to fix it?

Thank you so much again for your reply

problem with safari, mail and app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.