Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing music from Mac to IPhone

Hello

I am trying to import music from my Mac into my iPhone using the Music app (what used to be iTunes). Most of the music I have burned from my own CDs to the Mac. When I sync my iPhone with the Music app it takes all the music I have requested, but when it reaches the iPhone, a lot of it is not correctly ordered ie songs appear in 'unknown album' or in the correct album but with ten versions of that album, each with one song on.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks

iPhone 6s, iOS 10

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 11:42 AM

Hello Glockdelarok and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are facing some difficulty with how music you move from your Mac to your iPhone is sorted when it gets to the iPhone.

Try this:

1) Ensure that the Show Apple Music and Sync Library options are not enabled at Settings > Music (Your post seems to indicate that you may be running iOS 10 on the iPhone. If this is the case, the feature would be called iCloud Music Library. It became Sync Library starting with iOS 13.)

2) Clear all of the music from the iPhone and reboot it.

3) Use the Finder to re-sync music to your iPhone.

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2020 11:42 AM in response to Glockdelarok

Hello Glockdelarok and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are facing some difficulty with how music you move from your Mac to your iPhone is sorted when it gets to the iPhone.

Try this:

1) Ensure that the Show Apple Music and Sync Library options are not enabled at Settings > Music (Your post seems to indicate that you may be running iOS 10 on the iPhone. If this is the case, the feature would be called iCloud Music Library. It became Sync Library starting with iOS 13.)

2) Clear all of the music from the iPhone and reboot it.

3) Use the Finder to re-sync music to your iPhone.

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Cheers.

Importing music from Mac to IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.