Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permanently, really permanently, disable Live Photo

How do I permanently disable Live Photo’s from my phone? NOT remember last live settings. I don’t EVER want my phone to take a Live Photo ever again.

the remember last settings doesn’t achieve my objective. I have a toddler who takes my phone and touches random things and will turn live on.

iPhone XS

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 12:39 PM

There is no setting for that. If you turn that off and remember setting, it will stay off until it is turned on again. You may also wish to look at Guided Access if you are allowing the child full access to your phone. Guided access will only allow them access to only what you allow them access to, Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2020 12:39 PM in response to churchill95

There is no setting for that. If you turn that off and remember setting, it will stay off until it is turned on again. You may also wish to look at Guided Access if you are allowing the child full access to your phone. Guided access will only allow them access to only what you allow them access to, Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Mar 22, 2020 1:41 PM in response to sberman

sberman wrote:

Why not simply lock your iPhone? Then your toddler can touch the iPhone as much as (s)he likes and there will be no effect!

Camera app can be accessed from Locked Screen too.

Guided Access is your best option; I have a small child too and I do use it from time to time.

Otherwise, if you do wish to see an option to turn off Live Photo permanently, send Apple feedback to add such option. Complete feedback form at www.apple.com/feedback.

Permanently, really permanently, disable Live Photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.