How do I permanently disable live photos?

I don't ever, ever, ever want to take a Live Photo. How do I permanently disable the feature so I never accidentally ruin a shot again. (I know I can pull a low-resolution frame from the video, but that defeats the purpose of having a high-quality camera that can capture raw data.)

J. Kent Pepper’s iPhone

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2023 12:36 PM

The best you can do is to turn off "Live" in the Camera, then change the  Settings  > Camera > Preserve Settings to "Live > On".

This way, the Camera will preserve the current Setting for Live, which is "Off". See: Save camera settings on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

There is no way to remove the Live option completely from the Camera Controls, just ignore it and never touch it again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2023 12:36 PM in response to Ratboy

The best you can do is to turn off "Live" in the Camera, then change the  Settings  > Camera > Preserve Settings to "Live > On".

This way, the Camera will preserve the current Setting for Live, which is "Off". See: Save camera settings on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

There is no way to remove the Live option completely from the Camera Controls, just ignore it and never touch it again.

How do I permanently disable live photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.