Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disable Live Photo permanently

I followed the settings then camera and take off Live Photo from preserve settings. And yet still the Live Photos comes back on while taking pictures on my iPhone pro 11.

I find this feature very annoying and it’s not needed. Not every single photos taken, it has to be live. I cannot understand why apple adding on unnecessary feature.

can anyone advise why isn’t the Live Photos option kept on coming back even though I turn it off under the preserve settings? Please any advice so I can take this annoying feature off.

‘thanks.

~ Christina

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on May 31, 2022 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 7:17 PM

I think you may be doing this wrong.. if you turn OFF the switch in Settings > Camera > Preserve Settings, then you are turning off the preservation of your setting and it would therefore automatically turn Live back on (it says this in the description below the button). so that switch should be toggled to the right, with green showing, then you should go into the Camera app and tap the 'bullseye' looking icon with outer dashed line so that it has a slash thru it, which is turning off Live Photos.

this article discusses everything I've commented on and has pictures.. section at the bottom for turning it off

Take and edit Live Photos - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 7:17 PM in response to cuppy4u

I think you may be doing this wrong.. if you turn OFF the switch in Settings > Camera > Preserve Settings, then you are turning off the preservation of your setting and it would therefore automatically turn Live back on (it says this in the description below the button). so that switch should be toggled to the right, with green showing, then you should go into the Camera app and tap the 'bullseye' looking icon with outer dashed line so that it has a slash thru it, which is turning off Live Photos.

this article discusses everything I've commented on and has pictures.. section at the bottom for turning it off

Take and edit Live Photos - Apple Support

May 31, 2022 8:37 PM in response to Chris0107

Okay if I am doing it wrong, I did what you said. And when I take. Picture it still comes on live which I do not want. I took a screenshot to leave on the Live Photos as you said and screenshot when taking a picture, you can see the live on screen . When you view picture it has the live. For this reason I hardly uses the iPhone Cam. It still didn’t disable the Live Photo. 😐

May 31, 2022 8:22 PM in response to Gigi6623

Gigi6623 wrote:

1. Here are the steps to turn this feature off permanently

Navigate to the Settings app.
2. Tap Camera > Preserve Settings
3. Switch the toggle next to Live Photos off. (Green means on. Gray means off.)

Your instructions are incorrect.

Go to the place you are telling the OP to go to on your phone and read what it says by the switch.

Then if that doesn't convince you, read the last section of the link I posted... where #3 says to turn the switch ON, not off

May 31, 2022 8:45 PM in response to cuppy4u

Did you follow the 2nd thing I said to do? Your second screenshot shows Live Photo is still on. Did you turn it off once you toggled that switch in settings?

Flipping the switch in Settings doesn't actually turn Live Photo on or off. It preserves the last setting that you had in the camera app. Therefore you have to turn off Live Photo in the camera app in order for it to be preserved.

disable Live Photo permanently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.