Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save Live Photos as Video Missing ios16

For a few years I’ve been saving Live Photos as video on my iPhone. Now that I have iOS16 that feature seems to be gone. Any chance it will come back???

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 3:51 AM

It’s still there just in a different place …to save one Live Photo as a video click on the 3dots top right ….to save multiple Live Photos click 3dots bottom right and then save as a video ….hope this helps

22 replies

Jan 20, 2023 6:05 PM in response to Pmas27

It was so hard to find, I assumed it was gone. The way to do it now from ios 16 is NOT from the share screen, but from the photos grid view and hit 'Select' at top right, then select a set/sequence of live photos, then tap the three dots at the bottom right of screen - this is the menu where Save as Video resides when it is 2+ live photos. SO FRUSTRATING.

Mar 16, 2023 9:19 AM in response to Jmswilliams

Go to photos app(not camera) pick your album go to top right “select” then select Live Photos, beware if you select just one non live pic amongst your selections you will then not get the “save as video” option in the three dots menu at bottom right, definitely works although it’s much more of a palaver than the original method.

Mar 16, 2023 9:23 AM in response to Acerb8

Using SE2 16.3.1

Go to photos app(not camera) pick your album go to top right “select” then select Live Photos, beware if you select just one non live pic amongst your selections you will then not get the “save as video” option in the three dots menu at bottom right, definitely works although it’s much more of a palaver than the original method

Save Live Photos as Video Missing ios16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.