Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable live photo permanetly

I really dislike this option really really dislike, ive disabled it in setting by ******** it off, yet every time i open my camera app on my iphone 7 it is turned back on. This is very frustrating i do not want live photo to work period!

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 11:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 11:51 PM

Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and navigate to Camera. Tap on Preserve Settings and switch Live Photo to the On position. This will result in your Live Photo setting consistently being preserved.

Now that the Preserve Settings have been adjusted, you must open the Camera app and permanently disable Live Photos by tapping the yellow circular Live Photo icon. Once disabled, the icon should appear as a series of white circles with a diagonal line across it.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2020 11:51 PM in response to bikeman5

Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and navigate to Camera. Tap on Preserve Settings and switch Live Photo to the On position. This will result in your Live Photo setting consistently being preserved.

Now that the Preserve Settings have been adjusted, you must open the Camera app and permanently disable Live Photos by tapping the yellow circular Live Photo icon. Once disabled, the icon should appear as a series of white circles with a diagonal line across it.

Axel F.

Disable live photo permanetly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.