Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro regions won't appear in piano roll

A project in Logic with 10 tracks of MIDI piano. I am on a Macbook Pro 2013, latest OS update.

Only one region on one track can i select and see it in the piano roll. If i select any other region, they don't appear in the piano roll, that one track stays visible in the roll. Even other regions in the same track will not appear in the roll.

Also if i select that region, in the piano roll where the title of the region is [upper left of roll area] i see name of region and track number. If i select any other region, i see 'no regions selected'. I will still see the MIDI information for the same region in the roll, even if i select another one.

I can move this region to another track, new or not, and still only it will appear in the roll. If i copy the region to another track, even on a new duplication of that same track, it will not appear in the piano roll.

Only this one region.

I copied this region, duplicated the track, pasted the region into the new track, then deleted the original region. Now NO region will show in the piano roll.

I did reset all preferences and restarted the laptop. All of the regions were formed by recording MIDI input, from the same keyboard.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 10:51 AM

Did you activate the "Link Mode" in the Piano Roll editor? That small chain button at the top of the editor.

WD

Similar questions

3 replies

Logic Pro regions won't appear in piano roll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.