Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Midi notes are now DOUBLING in 10.8 update

I've tried several of my controllers.. but every time I play notes into logic, every single note is doubled. also while recording.. every single note displays as if it's sustained. this within the first 5 minutes of updating and going to make a new track. MAJOR BUGS in the midi department.. hoping nothing else is wrong. Also, I have disappareaing regions. I'll record, and then the region vanishes when I hit stop. Literally press record, play, press stop... gone. In addition, when I go to click in notes, the window UNSELECTS the region randomly. I have been using Logic for 10+ years and every update, it seems they fix 99 things and break 100. It's pretty clear the developers and coders don't use the program, so I think you guys should take the beta testing more serious.. someone had to mention the fact that music is vanishing and notes are being added. Literally the most basic function of a recording program is to record accurately, and this is doing the opposite. please fix this.. like tonight.. I do this for a living, and those are difficult things to work around!!

https://youtu.be/qzTIiXOjAlc

Mac Studio, macOS 13.6

Posted on Nov 6, 2023 1:45 PM

Similar questions

14 replies

Nov 27, 2023 1:34 PM in response to DonMichaelJr

It’s not really anything for Apple to fix. The problem comes from plugins that support the AU2 midi output.. (basically allowing the instrument to send notes instead of your controller..) If you use the Komplete Kontrol plugin the notes will be doubled until NI fixes the issue. The good thing is once it’s fixed, you be able to use the “scale” and “arpeggios” from the plugin and it will output those notes/arps/chords to your piano roll instead of your controller. So then you’ll be able to edit arpeggiation notes in your Logic piano roll. It’s a great update, the plugin companies just didn’t know so they have to implement it into the plugins.

Feb 22, 2024 2:14 PM in response to Matt_Wer

I've been having this problem for a few months now also, but I'm on 10.7.9. What's really strange is I'm going in and manually deleting all the duplicates, and then later while working in the same session suddenly the duplicates will reappear. Sometimes as many as 5 or 6 duplicates get stacked up. I've gone through the process of manually deleting all these duplicate notes several times on the same regions, but they keep coming back (even when I'm not touching those tracks at all).

In possibly a related note, ever since this issue starting popping up my old AMT8 midi interface no longer works with Logic. It appears to have some kind of midi feedback loop which causes it to throw a midi panic and freeze. I seem to have had this trouble since Logic 10.7. Ableton Live 11 works fine with it though.

Something's up with Logic's midi since 10.7

Midi notes are now DOUBLING in 10.8 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.