Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic receives MIDI but notes don't trigger instruments

Hello folks. I am pretty new here in this communities environment.

My situation is pretty interesting and driving me absolute bananas.

I'm using an M-Audio Oxygen 88 external MIDI (from now on I will refer to it as extMidi).

Fact: Logic receives MIDI signals from the extMidi as I can monitor them on Logic lcd screen as I play chords and notes.

Problem: I select, say a grand piano software instrument, but the notes I play on the extMidi will not produce any sound.

Fact: I am in the middle of a project and all was going fine meaning that I had previously recorded piano sections using the extMidi. All of a sudden (I must have accidentally changed some setting) and now this

Fact: Even though software instruments will not produce any sound (I tried a bunch of different ones), when I record, I can see the notes on the piano roll. But when I attempt to playback the recorded MIDI section, again, no sound.

Fact: When I create a new empty project and do the same (create a software instrument and play notes on the extMidi) everything works fine: notes will produce sounds, etc.

BIG Fact: This is really frustrating please help.

Cheers,

Y.

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 5:13 AM

Ok, funny as it may sound, I just discovered that the notes WILL playback as I play on the keyboard if the red R button is active. Other than that nada. I am used to Logic and GarageBand playing back notes when a channel is selected, not selected and record enabled.

I must have changed some setting somewhere but where?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 5:13 AM in response to Iaamusic

Ok, funny as it may sound, I just discovered that the notes WILL playback as I play on the keyboard if the red R button is active. Other than that nada. I am used to Logic and GarageBand playing back notes when a channel is selected, not selected and record enabled.

I must have changed some setting somewhere but where?

Logic receives MIDI but notes don't trigger instruments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.