Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening existing project

When opening an existing Motion project it opens as "Untitled" as opposed to the given name for the project. Slightly annoying. Am I doing something wrong?

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 2:28 AM

I tested and I confirm this.

I had never used the Compositions folder, but given that it is created alongside the Effects, Transitions, Titles and Generators folder, it should have some special meaning, and it does.

As written in the document: https://support.apple.com/guide/motion/where-are-templates-saved-motn141bd88c/mac

this is a place to store Motion templates to be used in Motion itself (as opposed to the others, which are meant for Final Cut Pro).

In summary, this seems intentional, so you probably should just store your projects somewhere else.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2020 2:28 AM in response to Chocol8boywunda

I tested and I confirm this.

I had never used the Compositions folder, but given that it is created alongside the Effects, Transitions, Titles and Generators folder, it should have some special meaning, and it does.

As written in the document: https://support.apple.com/guide/motion/where-are-templates-saved-motn141bd88c/mac

this is a place to store Motion templates to be used in Motion itself (as opposed to the others, which are meant for Final Cut Pro).

In summary, this seems intentional, so you probably should just store your projects somewhere else.

Mar 24, 2020 12:14 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I agree as well.

According to the document you linked to, treating this location for templates makes sense that it would open with an "untitled" name as to protect the contents of the original document (project) from being changed.

I'm very new to Mac OS as a whole but enjoying the switch so far. Thanks again for responding and clear this up.

Respectfully,

Chocol8boywunda

Opening existing project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.