Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Project won't open after moved movie file

I had a project that I had imported an mp4 file into for reference. I closed the project without deleting the mp4 from the project, and then moved the file on my computer.

Now when I try to open the project, it asks where the missing file is. I click "cancel" - meaning don't look for the file, or Locate and find the file, but the same thing happens. The project doesn't open. If I have another logic project open and click to select a different project, Logic shows that the problem project is open (it's in the window list) but it's not there.

Is there another way to open a project and try to have Logic not look for this file? I NEED this project and right now, it's impossible to open.

thanks.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 4:05 PM

I'm not sure what command key + 1 does, but this was basically correct.

I had plugged another monitor in the day before, but it was no longer plugged in. However, when I was opening the project, it was opening it on the "ghost" monitor. Obviously, that's a bug, but anyway, I managed to get the window over to the correct monitor and proceed.

Thanks!!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2022 4:05 PM in response to Pancenter

I'm not sure what command key + 1 does, but this was basically correct.

I had plugged another monitor in the day before, but it was no longer plugged in. However, when I was opening the project, it was opening it on the "ghost" monitor. Obviously, that's a bug, but anyway, I managed to get the window over to the correct monitor and proceed.

Thanks!!

Project won't open after moved movie file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.