Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Footage in timeline appears normal but says missing in viewer

Okay so updated fcp x to 10.4.7 and updated libraries, went to an event and project that I had finished and fortunately exported. Well I open the project and the timeline looks normal with thumbnails and such of all the clips normal. Well in the viewer I have the red screen with yellow triangle like the clip is missing...it is not. I tried relinking all the files from the timeline, tried relinking in the browser, deleted all generated files render, proxy, etc...nothing gets the viewer to show the footage. I had backed up the project using duplicate prior to modifying it with the client's feedback, the backup shows most of the footage in the viewer fine except it again gives me red screen in the beginning few clips...so any ideas on how to fix this or did the update hose the projects? I even tried exporting xml and reimporting it to see if that would get it to show right and it does not. So I'm thinking its an FCP issue. I even tried restoring the project file from a backup a few days ago and still same red screen in the viewer. Here is a screen shot

Mac Pro

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 2:15 PM

That's not clip missing, that's effect missing.

Similar questions

4 replies

Footage in timeline appears normal but says missing in viewer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.