Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frames visible in the timeline but not in the Viewer

Hi There,

Visibility of video frames has disappeared from the Viewer suddenly. The video frames are visible in the timeline.

I had been working with these libraries and around 30+ projects which were just doing fine. After a break of two weeks when I started fcpx and the library, I see that the projects and respective clips are there but they are showing an '!' mark in the viewer.

Tried relinking the files and reimporting them but things did not change.

Can anyone please help?

Am attaching a screenshot of the same.

Thanks,

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 10:11 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 2, 2020 1:41 AM in response to Alchroma

It is very very slow. I am talking about the FCPX inbuilt "Noise Reduction" effect. A 15gb render output got stuck twice for more than 10 hours. This much usually takes around 20 minutes in my 2019 MacBook Pro 15 inch. This FCPX effect is fantastic and can resolve probably the worst of the grains, but takes **** lot of a time to render. I am doing bulk output - around 7TB spread across around 350 videos so this effect will not be feasible.

Hence I had to use a third party effect downloaded from a YouTube video. I have not yet checked thoroughly but anyway I removed the effect and have found a workaround by shading with a different colour correction from red to blue-green.

Any suggestion you have based on your experience to search for good third party effects (only very selected as I find fcpx bundles quite a lot of effects, transitions, titles and generators) (Mainly around video and audio noise reduction, shape and colour masking and face beautification)?

Thanks in advance,

Frames visible in the timeline but not in the Viewer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.