Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Project file

I create d anew project file last week, named it, added some audio and a few pics. Today, when i open FCP, it is no where to be found. I've never had this happen before. Any idea where to find it? All the assets are on a an external hard drive and that is connected...

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 6:20 AM

What library is it in? You have two open. What’s the name I’d the project? I see two. One in the browser and one open in the timeline. Open the projects smart collection in the two libraries to see what’s in there.

Make sure you did not edit into a clip rather than a new project.

Similar questions

8 replies

Oct 20, 2023 6:12 AM in response to bsurfm

Yeah... When I created the new project it added the date 10-17?-23 and I dont see that either. Also, all the media I imported is not in the browser anymore... still on my HD of course... its almost like i opened final cut pro today and it doesnt recognize that Ive done any editing the past weeks weeks...

Project file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.