Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flashing folder/no start up

I am experiencing a no start up with a flashing ? folder and along with that my keyboard is not connecting. I tried to utilize another keyboard (not apple) but it was to no avail. I have read different threads on what to do for the flashing folder but nothing in regards that associates with the keyboard.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 3:00 PM

Those are two separate problems. You need the keyboard in order fix the flashing folder problem.

Question mark

A folder with a question mark means that the selected startup disk isn't available or doesn't contain a Mac operating system. Learn how to resolve a flashing question mark.

You need a working keyboard. If you use a non-Apple keyboard, then the COMMAND key is usually the one immediately adjacent to the left of the SPACE bar. It is sometimes referred to as the Windows key. However, if the keyboard doesn't produce the same codes as a Mac keyboard, then you won't be able to use it because the Windows key will not work.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2020 3:00 PM in response to landroser

Those are two separate problems. You need the keyboard in order fix the flashing folder problem.

Question mark

A folder with a question mark means that the selected startup disk isn't available or doesn't contain a Mac operating system. Learn how to resolve a flashing question mark.

You need a working keyboard. If you use a non-Apple keyboard, then the COMMAND key is usually the one immediately adjacent to the left of the SPACE bar. It is sometimes referred to as the Windows key. However, if the keyboard doesn't produce the same codes as a Mac keyboard, then you won't be able to use it because the Windows key will not work.

Flashing folder/no start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.