Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not delete a mailbox in Apple Mail, why?

The mailbox is empty. I do not use it anymore. I right-click on it and select delete. The mailbox remains. I have quit mail and restarted it. The mailbox is still there!

Thanks

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 6:35 PM

Have you tried it in Safe Mode?

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

How about Mail>Preferences, highlight that account>Mailbox Information>uncheck Enable this account?

7 replies

Mar 24, 2020 6:10 PM in response to BDAqua

OK, that helps a bit, are you trying to delete the whole Box at once?

BDAqua wrote:

>> OK, that helps a bit, are you trying to delete the whole Box at once?
Yes.

>> Are you able to delete single items in it?
Yes, I deleted or moved all emails to current mailboxes. The mailbox I want to delete is completely empty.

Mar 24, 2020 6:51 PM in response to BDAqua

>> How about Mail>Preferences, highlight that account>Mailbox Information>uncheck Enable this account? <<

YOU did it! The moment I disabled the account the unwanted mailbox went bye-bye. The next time I see Tim, I'll try and get you raised to a Level 11.

BDAqua, is not just a whiz with the Apple Mac, you are an asset to all humanity. Thanks!!

Mar 24, 2020 6:58 PM in response to Ziatron

Garsh, thank you, you've got me blushing, & let me say great news before you find out it's not gone, just not showing.

How about Mail>Preferences, highlight that account>Mailbox Information>check Enable this account?

Whamo It's Back, but now you know how to make it disappear, & you could do that several times aday & award me another greenie each time... Tim would surely listen to you then! LOL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.