Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to forward a video received in text to email

I received a cool video from a friend via text. I want to send it to my computer to save. My computer is not a Mac (sorry)... I thought I could forward it to my email, but can't find a way.

Can you forward a text message to email?

Thank you

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 9:57 PM

First save the video to your camera roll. Long press (hold your finger down for a couple seconds) on the video, then choose the Save option. Now go to the Photos app, look under Recents, or all photos, and tap on the video. Next, tap the share icon (up arrow coming out of a box) in the lower left, and tap Mail. Then compose your email, and you're good to go.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2020 9:57 PM in response to aj4value

First save the video to your camera roll. Long press (hold your finger down for a couple seconds) on the video, then choose the Save option. Now go to the Photos app, look under Recents, or all photos, and tap on the video. Next, tap the share icon (up arrow coming out of a box) in the lower left, and tap Mail. Then compose your email, and you're good to go.

how to forward a video received in text to email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.