Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Whats the best way to send a video file (700mb lasting 6 minutes)

Whats the best way to send a video file (700mb lasting 6 minutes) off my Apple account accessible thru either my iPhone or iPad?

I’ve tried sending a link from my iCloud account. But apparently, my recipient is having difficulty forwarding it to another party? Perhaps maybe there’s a way to create a zip file that can then be forwarded? If so, how do I do that?

Thanks, Apple Community!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 19, 2023 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2023 3:23 PM

Instead of attempting to send an oversize video file, you try something far simpler - sharing the video using an iCloud Link. The iCloud User Guide describes the feature:

Share photos and videos with an iCloud Link on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Sharing via an iCloud Link allows sharing with anyone - regardless of their computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2023 3:23 PM in response to Tiger72pu

Instead of attempting to send an oversize video file, you try something far simpler - sharing the video using an iCloud Link. The iCloud User Guide describes the feature:

Share photos and videos with an iCloud Link on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Sharing via an iCloud Link allows sharing with anyone - regardless of their computer.

Whats the best way to send a video file (700mb lasting 6 minutes)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.