Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maildrop

Is it a requirement that I use my iCloud address to use Maildrop?

I can't seem to send a 30mb video from a non iCloud email address.

Thanks

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 2:12 PM

8 replies

Mar 23, 2023 4:17 PM in response to APPLEAL

APPLEAL wrote:

can you recommend a compressor from the App Store that will compress my videos significantly like the iPhone does?
  • If the iPhone does the job (I don’t know how), why not simply send the email from there?
  • Surely you have an iCloud method available to use Mail Drop should you choose to do so.
  • Consider “compression”. Each bit of information is presumably present for a reason. The whole concept of compressing a file suggests some loss of information.

Mar 23, 2023 4:28 PM in response to sberman

Just rather not use my iCloud address in emails.

The phone compressed a 33mb video to 3mb and receiver said it was perfect.

Mac is bigger and easier to use, so would rather compress and send, though I guess if I got a compressor app, the receiver may need the same or could uncompress with their own "un"compressor?

Find it amazing that the iPhone will send this stuff instantly and software to compress is not made available by Apple as part of its OS. Terribly inconsistant. I know , send to feedback...I have!

Maildrop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.