Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.6.5 Apps don’t download since 18/03/2020

I can’t update and download any ipa files from iTunes 12.6.5

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 11:00 PM

6 replies

Mar 31, 2020 2:34 PM in response to Efejoo01

Please send a feedback to Apple and if you wish

One more thing can be done

Post a review for each app you cannot download because of broken iTunes

😶Impossible to download, because of iTunes glitch that Apple is not fixing

Dear developer, it's impossible for us to download your app or buy new ones from iTunes Enterprise MAC that is used both by businesses , schools and individuals who can't afford to download the same app several times for each device.

Please let Apple know about this issue. For the time being till the issue is going to be resolved, we will not be able to update your apps. Thanks for your support!

This should make our voice heard by Apple

Mar 25, 2020 8:07 AM in response to Efejoo01

I'm also having problems, new apps and updates to existing apps will not download. I last updated my apps about 3 weeks ago and it worked fine then. Now when I click "update" or "get", it goes through the motions as if it's working but nothing downloads. I'm using iTunes 12.6.0.100 on a 2009 macbook pro running MacOS 10.11.6

I appreciate any advice you may have.

Thank you,

--rick

Mar 30, 2020 2:15 PM in response to rick_de

It's a disaster: if you have several devices both for business or a classroom what are you going to do?!

Apple, please, fix the issue!

Apple Configurator rarely is working and with hiccups. It doesn't see all the updates just some and

when there is no full-moon...😉

We need iTunes working and able to download the updated apps, not kidding 😱

Apr 15, 2020 11:12 AM in response to annabelle

Here is my problem summarized, is it the same as the other people it says here have this problem?

The Mac mini stores backup of the apps I use on 5 different iOS device that I support; I do this so I do not have to download for hour upon hour over the internet when I get a new device and need to fill it up with our Apps.

To do the updating of these stored apps, iTunes version 12.6.5.3 normally checks the stored app .ipa files in my Mac against the current updates being pushed out to iOS devices by Apple. If there is an update available, iTunes version 12.6.5.3 will indicate this in the part of the program called "updates" by showing the icon for any revised app. Currently there are about 40 of these waiting under "Updates" section.

Normally I can click on Update Apps button at bottom of the scree and all those updates are then downloaded, the .ipa file in storage is deleted and the new version .ipa replaced in storage on my Mac. The problem is that what was working to do the replacement and update of each .ipa is broken somehow and the .ipa is not downloading.

Apr 15, 2020 11:14 AM in response to BobW0904

Just spent another couple hours on phone with different levels of iTunes and Mac support re 12.6.5.3 iTunes not updating or downloading iOS apps since March 18th. It seems the issue started around the time that iTunes moved to Music under Mac OS Catalina on March 19th, according to the last Senior tech I talked to. She can find no official statement that 12.6..5.3 is no longer supported however, just that the move to Music from iTunes happened at the same time. So there may still be hope.

She has filed a request to look into our "problem" with iTunes 12.6.5.3 with the iTunes/Music group. Will see what happens in next week or so, not holding my breath however!

As with all other techs, she suggests it would be best to update my Mac-mini to High Sierra and also iTunes 12.8 so I have the latest software my system can handle. For the 100th time I had to explain I don't WANT to update to High Sierra or iTunes 12.8 because I like what I have now. I just want them to fix 12.6.5.3 so it does what it used to.

Anyone else out there try calling in to Apple support lately?

iTunes 12.6.5 Apps don’t download since 18/03/2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.