Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam text messages from email addresses on iPhone

Hello! I have an iPhone 6 and am getting random text messages at random times from different email addresses. This is coming through my regular texts but instead of listing a number above the text like normal, there is an email address listed of who this is from. But every time I get these weird texts it’s there’s a different email address listed above and theres always links to stuff inappropriate. I do not know how I am getting this! The messages are always sent out to 20 people and have a link to something and a vague description like “unsatisfied wife” under the link and always sound inappropriate! How do I stop this smutt or whatever it is from coming to me on my phone? If I go to block them like a regular number will this work?

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 9:02 AM

If these messages are coming from email addresses in your contact list, that would suggest your data has been compromised somehow. If you are on an iPhone with up-to-date software, that is very unlikely. What's more likely is that your phone number has been obtained by some spammer advertising a questionable site. First, DO NOT CLICK ON LINKS in messages like this. They may attempt to place malware on your device. You may try blocking these return addresses, but there are probably many of them. You will likely just have to wait this out until they move on to other numbers on the list they bought.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2020 9:02 AM in response to NickRidenour

If these messages are coming from email addresses in your contact list, that would suggest your data has been compromised somehow. If you are on an iPhone with up-to-date software, that is very unlikely. What's more likely is that your phone number has been obtained by some spammer advertising a questionable site. First, DO NOT CLICK ON LINKS in messages like this. They may attempt to place malware on your device. You may try blocking these return addresses, but there are probably many of them. You will likely just have to wait this out until they move on to other numbers on the list they bought.

Spam text messages from email addresses on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.