Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will my lost phone be synced with my new phone?

I have lost my old Iphone. There is no hope of recovery. I have a new phone arriving today, but when I sign into the new phone with my apple ID will the two phones be synced. I have gone to icloud.com and started the erase option on the lost one. When my new phone arrives, I also changed the phone number so it will be a different SIM card. Once I activate my new phone will my messages and other stuff show up on the old phone?

iPhone XR

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 1:38 PM

If you sign into Settings/Your Name/iCloud using the same Apple ID, all iCloud data should sync to the new phone. That doesn't recover all your data since not all data is synced to iCloud. As donv posted, also restore from a backup.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

2 replies

Mar 25, 2020 12:20 PM in response to Jennifer26773

Jennifer26773 wrote:
I have a new phone arriving today, but when I sign into the new phone with my apple ID will the two phones be synced.

No, they will not be synced. To get your old phone data on your new one, you will need to restore the new one from a backup of your old phone. See About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204136

will my lost phone be synced with my new phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.