Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone

Hi, I have lost my iphone 5 and now i have a new one. I went on the Settings today on the new phone and i scrolled down under apple ID and saw my old phone and my new one backed up as well. My question is, is there any way to retrieve info from my old phone? (They both have the same apple id)

Posted on May 3, 2020 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 1:44 PM

If the data was synced to iCloud, you should be able to recover that. Do you have a backup you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 1:44 PM in response to aida46

If the data was synced to iCloud, you should be able to recover that. Do you have a backup you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    

Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.