Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My stuff is not transferring from my old iphone to the new one

My new phone came today. For HOURS I have been trying to set this phone up to work. The last part, *I think,* is the transfer of the data from one phone to the other. It says keep them close and let them work. I've waited for hours and nothing seems to be happening. Is there no progress indicator? Apple is usually so straightforward, but this has been a very confusing process.

Unless there is a really easy fix using this phone to phone transfer feature, can I just backup to my computer and restore from my computer? I really need to get this phone working and I'm just tired of all the drama!

(Also, I did search this topic and found many somewhat related posts, but most were several years old and didn't seem to quite fit my problem.)

Thanks for any help you can render!

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 5:40 PM

See this Apple support article—>Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies

My stuff is not transferring from my old iphone to the new one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.