Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer photos to iPad Pro from an iMac.

Photos do not transfer when I followed these steps

(1) New Finder window left column -> Clicked on' iPad' device

(2) Selected 'Photos' from the syncing choices displayed across the top

(3) Checked Sync: radio button 'All Photos and Albums'

(4) Clicked 'Sync' button at the bottom right.

Nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 6:55 PM

7 replies

Mar 26, 2020 4:54 AM in response to Demo

Yes. I did click the Apply in the lower right corner. Also I do not use iCloud Photos and also use my iMac as back up for the iPad.

Been a lifelong Apple user, but getting increasingly frustrated with muddled Indecipherable Apple software. Keep thinking of Shakespeare’s “There is something rotten in the state of Denmark.”

Mar 26, 2020 4:57 AM in response to Chandrasiri

I still use iTunes on a Mac running El Capitan and I get weird messages and have some issues from time to time. I know that you are using the Finder, but it works basically the same way.

When you say that nothing happens when you sync, you mean that you don’t even see a progress bar showing the sync steps like I still see in iTunes? I’m not sure exactly what it looks like syncing via the Finder.

Mar 26, 2020 11:50 AM in response to Demo

In the left column a small clock icon starts filling clockwise and then stops after two or three seconds. The selections that appear across finder window top after clicking on the iPad device in the left column can be best described as an allegory for the commuter members in a rule by committee setup. Syncing should be delegated downstream to the App level. Finder/OS should only provide security and privacy as a service to the Apps. I am very frustrated with increasingly Microsftian Apple software.

Mar 26, 2020 1:36 PM in response to Chandrasiri

What you describe with the clockwise rotating icon is what I also see in iTunes when I sync my iOS devices. The fact that it stops is the issue that we can’t figure out.

Is this a new problem? Did you apply the update to Catalina that came out a couple of days ago? Can I assume that you have tried another cable, rebooted the Mac, tried another port on the Mac?

How to transfer photos to iPad Pro from an iMac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.