Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a vintage wireless keyboard from 2011. I cannot get the cap off to change the batteries--Apple refuses to help me. Does anyone have any ideas how to get the screw off cap to loosen? I

anyone have any suggestions as to how to loosen the cap on my wireless keyboard to change the batteries. It is jammed or stuck for some reason

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 8:37 PM

2 replies

Mar 25, 2020 10:43 PM in response to corinne57

Stand the keyboard on end with the battery compartment pointing up. Use something non-marring, like a wooden cooking spoon, and not too heavy to GENTLY tap at the points indicated below:

That will often loosen any debris or corrosion that is holding the cover closed.

If you get the cap out, clean it and the threads that it engages, then put a thin layer of petroleum jelly (Vaseline) on the threads of the caps to prevent it from seizing again.

I have a vintage wireless keyboard from 2011. I cannot get the cap off to change the batteries--Apple refuses to help me. Does anyone have any ideas how to get the screw off cap to loosen? I

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.