Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error message after update to 10.15.4

after my mac mini restarted i keep getting this message and i can't make it go away

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 10:42 AM

First make sure you have a current and complete backup of your hard drive.

Boot into the Recovery volume (boot with the Command + R keys held down), select Disk Utility and erase the hard drive. Then select "Reinstall OS X".

When booting for the first time don't create a new admin user account but select Migration Assistant to recover your files from Time Machine.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2020 10:42 AM in response to KatDeB

First make sure you have a current and complete backup of your hard drive.

Boot into the Recovery volume (boot with the Command + R keys held down), select Disk Utility and erase the hard drive. Then select "Reinstall OS X".

When booting for the first time don't create a new admin user account but select Migration Assistant to recover your files from Time Machine.

Mar 26, 2020 4:50 PM in response to KatDeB

Try downloading and running Find Any File to search for the file.  Do the following search: 

1 - Name contains IRRVNMLV

Any files that are found can be dragged from the search results window to the Desktop or Trash bin in the Dock for deletion. Check carefully before moving it to the Trash bin. See where it's located first.

FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't like invisible folders, system folders and packages.

error message after update to 10.15.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.