Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voicemail

My wife has an iphone XS. When I call she rarely answers and I get a lady asking me to leave a 10 second message that will be transcribed to text. We both want to change this to a 'normal' voice mail solution where you hear my wife's voice and you can leave a voice message.

She has recorded and saved a message on her phone but it doesn't come through when the phone is called.

I suspect it may be a carrier issue? We are on Telstra (in Australia) and they are not taking any calls currently - blaming CV. Does anyone have an idea where and how to change the settings on the phone please?

iPhone XS

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 11:19 PM

You are absolutely right when you stated that this is a carrier issue. Voicemail setup and function has always been the responsibility of the carrier. I know that one phone call to them will take care of this thing and I also know that Telstra is closed at the moment since you mentioned that.

All you can do on your side is Open Phone App Voicemail Greeting and then create a custom greeting by recording it and you should be set. If NOT then, Yes, you need to get with your carrier.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2020 11:19 PM in response to Helpathome

You are absolutely right when you stated that this is a carrier issue. Voicemail setup and function has always been the responsibility of the carrier. I know that one phone call to them will take care of this thing and I also know that Telstra is closed at the moment since you mentioned that.

All you can do on your side is Open Phone App Voicemail Greeting and then create a custom greeting by recording it and you should be set. If NOT then, Yes, you need to get with your carrier.

Axel F.

Voicemail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.