Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why my apple id doesn't work when i try to reinstall new os x into my iMac 27inch. late 2013?

why my apple id doesn't work when i try to reinstall new os x into my iMac 27inch. late 2013?

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 12:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 3:59 AM

Did you buy this iMac second hand? If so it sounds like the seller didn't properly prepare it for sale What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

You'll need to erase the hard drive and install a fresh copy of MacOS thats associated with your Apple ID How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2020 3:59 AM in response to ridhwan161

Did you buy this iMac second hand? If so it sounds like the seller didn't properly prepare it for sale What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

You'll need to erase the hard drive and install a fresh copy of MacOS thats associated with your Apple ID How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.