Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to recover important note

How do I recover text on a note that was unknowingly deleted

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 4:31 PM

Hello, sherac.

I understand that you would like some help recovering an accidentally deleted item in Notes. I have been known to do this myself and am happy to lend a hand.

There are a couple of ways to look at this.

Check your account settings
1. If you use a a third-party account or email service, like Gmail or Yahoo, to store your notes, check your settings:
2. Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
3. Tap the email account that you want to check. 
4. Make sure that Notes is on. 

If you use Notes with more than one email account, just repeat steps 2-3 for each account. If your account is missing, learn how to add it again.

If you use iCloud, the following should be helpful. The Recently Deleted folder likely houses your missing notes.

Check your Recently Deleted folder

1. If you store your notes on iCloud, check your Recently Deleted folder:
2. Open the Notes app, then tap  until you see your Folders list. 
3. Tap Recently Deleted and search for your note. 
If you find your note in Recently Deleted or in another folder, you can move it:
1. In the Notes list, tap Edit.
2. Tap the note that you want to move. 
3. Tap Move To, then select the folder you want to move it to. 

This information can be found in the Apple Support article, If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. There are some additional tips and troubleshooting steps included in it.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2020 4:31 PM in response to sherac

Hello, sherac.

I understand that you would like some help recovering an accidentally deleted item in Notes. I have been known to do this myself and am happy to lend a hand.

There are a couple of ways to look at this.

Check your account settings
1. If you use a a third-party account or email service, like Gmail or Yahoo, to store your notes, check your settings:
2. Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
3. Tap the email account that you want to check. 
4. Make sure that Notes is on. 

If you use Notes with more than one email account, just repeat steps 2-3 for each account. If your account is missing, learn how to add it again.

If you use iCloud, the following should be helpful. The Recently Deleted folder likely houses your missing notes.

Check your Recently Deleted folder

1. If you store your notes on iCloud, check your Recently Deleted folder:
2. Open the Notes app, then tap  until you see your Folders list. 
3. Tap Recently Deleted and search for your note. 
If you find your note in Recently Deleted or in another folder, you can move it:
1. In the Notes list, tap Edit.
2. Tap the note that you want to move. 
3. Tap Move To, then select the folder you want to move it to. 

This information can be found in the Apple Support article, If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. There are some additional tips and troubleshooting steps included in it.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Need to recover important note

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.