Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook app on iPhone is SOOOOO SLOOOOOWWWWWW!!!

The Outlook mobile app is extremely SLOW! Everything about it! Typing an email is SLOW. Scrolling through my inbox is SLOW. Using the calendar is SLOW. Going into the settings menu is SLOW. Searching is SLOW. Even typing a letter or hitting the backspace key is SLOW!

I'm using an iPhone XS running the latest iOS (13.3.1) and latest version of the Outlook app (4.30.0). I’ve tried everything...uninstalling and reinstalling the app, rebooting the phone, hard and soft reset. I have deleted old emails to clear out my inbox...no help. This is the only app I have problems with out of about 50 apps on my phone. The phone has plenty of CPU and memory available. On my desktop PC, the Outlook with Office 365 account works perfectly fine with no performance issues. Webmail also works fine.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XS

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 9:51 AM

5 replies

Mar 27, 2020 6:35 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you, and yes I realize outlook is not an Apple app and I don’t expect Apple to fix the issue. But perhaps the two parties need to work together. I am not blaming Apple and perhaps I should reword my post to have a different tone. I have worked extensively with Microsoft support and want to attack this issue from another angle. I am more or less looking to see if anybody else is experiencing similar issues.

Mar 31, 2020 7:02 PM in response to KiltedTim

Hi KiltedTim - Thanks for sharing your experience and suggestion. What type of account are you using with the Outlook app? Which apple device are you using? I have been thorough various iOS versions over the last 6 months on iphone XS and iphone 8 with no improvement of the Outlook app performance. Looks like 13.4 was just released. I will update and report back.

Outlook app on iPhone is SOOOOO SLOOOOOWWWWWW!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.