Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a late 2013 Mac, running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. To upgrade OS, can I jump straight to Catalina or do I need to step up through other

I have a late 2013 iMac, 27 inch, running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. To upgrade, can I go straight to Catalina or should I try to step up through the earlier systems? I know they are harder to find, so Catalina would be easier. Is upgrading from Yosemite to Catalina even possible? Also, any idea of how long it might take? Thanks

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 10:47 PM

Thank you. Awhile back when I asked at an Apple Store they told me I would probably need to bring the computer in. I use Time Machine already for backup, but I plan to make an additional backup of my photos and then do the upgrade.

2 replies

I have a late 2013 Mac, running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. To upgrade OS, can I jump straight to Catalina or do I need to step up through other

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.