Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air update OS

When I try to update my MacBook Air from High Sierra to Mojave, as soon as I try to launch it I get the message "This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS." What do I do?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 10:56 PM

That error message is usually an indicator that you have a incomplete/ partial download of the Install macOS Mojave.app in your

Applications folder. Open the Applications folder and move the Install macOS Mojave.app to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable, not WiFi. Restart your mac, go back to the App Store Mojave page and press Get.

While the mac is downloading do not use the mac, if any other devices share the same internet connection do not use them either.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2020 10:56 PM in response to alexys67

That error message is usually an indicator that you have a incomplete/ partial download of the Install macOS Mojave.app in your

Applications folder. Open the Applications folder and move the Install macOS Mojave.app to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable, not WiFi. Restart your mac, go back to the App Store Mojave page and press Get.

While the mac is downloading do not use the mac, if any other devices share the same internet connection do not use them either.

MacBook Air update OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.