Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera on IPhone 8

When I went to take a picture the screen for the camera is completely black. I took a pic yesterday without a problem.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 5:29 PM

Hi Miytty

Thanks for using the  Apple Support Communities.

I would suggest you try to hard reset the device by Pressing and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.

If the issue persists, you can try to backup your informations and restore the device to see if the issue will be fixed.

If the issue persists, after the step 1 & 2 , you may need to contact Apple Support .

Best Regards,

J

--

Resource for this issue

Restore your iOS or iPadOS device in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2020 5:29 PM in response to Miytty

Hi Miytty

Thanks for using the  Apple Support Communities.

I would suggest you try to hard reset the device by Pressing and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.

If the issue persists, you can try to backup your informations and restore the device to see if the issue will be fixed.

If the issue persists, after the step 1 & 2 , you may need to contact Apple Support .

Best Regards,

J

--

Resource for this issue

Restore your iOS or iPadOS device in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

Camera on IPhone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.