You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

vibrate malfunctioning

recently my iphone xs stopped vibrating properly. it will only do a verrrrry quick like 1/4 second vibrate for everything. ive checked the settings and regardless of what i set the pattern to it wont vibrate beyond the quick burst. I tried the preset vibrates and custom ones but none work. It’s also a pretty hard vibrate that practically rattles a bit.

iPhone XS

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 9:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 2:03 PM

Hi Dopey4342,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are experiencing an issue with the vibration on your iPhone XS. I'd like to help.

It sounds like you've tried testing out different vibration settings and patterns as discussed here: Change iPhone sounds and vibrations - Apple Support. If you set up 'Vibrate on Ring' and 'Vibrate on Silent', does the same type of behavior occur with the vibration felt? How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode - Apple Support.

If you restart Restart your iPhone - Apple Support, and update to the latest iOS version Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, do you experience the same behavior?

Keep me posted. Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 29, 2020 2:03 PM in response to Dopey4342

Hi Dopey4342,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are experiencing an issue with the vibration on your iPhone XS. I'd like to help.

It sounds like you've tried testing out different vibration settings and patterns as discussed here: Change iPhone sounds and vibrations - Apple Support. If you set up 'Vibrate on Ring' and 'Vibrate on Silent', does the same type of behavior occur with the vibration felt? How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode - Apple Support.

If you restart Restart your iPhone - Apple Support, and update to the latest iOS version Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, do you experience the same behavior?

Keep me posted. Regards.

vibrate malfunctioning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.