Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen recording not working

My screen recording feature won’t work. It’s gray and unresponsive to any attempt to fix. Can you help me fix it

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 4:58 PM

Hi EllieJE,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are unable to use screen recording on your iPhone, as it appears greyed out. I'd like to help out.

When attempting to record the screen of your iPhone, are you trying to record certain content or within a certain application? How to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. As quoted from this article, "Some apps might not allow you to record audio. You can't record your screen and use screen mirroring at the same time."

If you have Screen Time turned on, check to see if you have Screen Recording disabled: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions.

I would also recommend restarting Restart your iPhone - Apple Support, and updating to the latest iOS version: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2020 4:58 PM in response to EllieJE

Hi EllieJE,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are unable to use screen recording on your iPhone, as it appears greyed out. I'd like to help out.

When attempting to record the screen of your iPhone, are you trying to record certain content or within a certain application? How to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. As quoted from this article, "Some apps might not allow you to record audio. You can't record your screen and use screen mirroring at the same time."

If you have Screen Time turned on, check to see if you have Screen Recording disabled: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions.

I would also recommend restarting Restart your iPhone - Apple Support, and updating to the latest iOS version: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Best regards.

Screen recording not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.