Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3rd gen with YouTube app “An error occurred loading this content. Try again later.”

Apple TV 3rd gen with YouTube app “An error occurred loading this content. Try again later.”

Every time I tried to watch my youtube music videos on apple tv I get this message Apple

“An error occurred loading this content. Try again later.”

[Edited by Moderator]

Apple TV

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 11:49 AM

Hello.

I have the same problem. Watched 4-5 youtube videos /VEVO/ and then stopped working. i deleted cookies/temp files/upgraded to latest FW / restarted the whole device / restarted to factory settings / restarted my Internet connection (router) / Nothing is working. My device is also APPLE TV 3RD GEN.

Any clue how can this be fixed ?

Thanks !

Viktor

36 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2020 11:49 AM in response to stuartb3502

Hello.

I have the same problem. Watched 4-5 youtube videos /VEVO/ and then stopped working. i deleted cookies/temp files/upgraded to latest FW / restarted the whole device / restarted to factory settings / restarted my Internet connection (router) / Nothing is working. My device is also APPLE TV 3RD GEN.

Any clue how can this be fixed ?

Thanks !

Viktor

Mar 31, 2020 9:12 AM in response to tinus007

Same problem here. Appears to be only with some Youtube channels (E.g. The National not working, Late Show with Stephen Colbert working) so maybe the DRM suggestion is correct. Also tried restart (including power cable out) plus switch from Ethernet to WiFi.

I CAN Airplay to this AppleTV from iPad on problematic videos however (Play from iTunes in the Cloud set to Auto). I’ve had the problem before, but it’s never lasted long. This has been going on for days consistently.

Apr 4, 2020 11:50 AM in response to tinus007

I am having the same issue.

Additionally on my YouTube tv app on iPhone and iPad I cannot AirPlay live content, but I can airplay shows that were recorded in my YouTube tv app.

I did a reset on my Apple TV and it did not solve the problem. This issue occurred after I updated Apple TV 7.5 and iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4.

Apr 4, 2020 7:06 PM in response to HuldaV

Yes exactly confirming it !

My two Apple TV HDs ( 3rd Gen) updated to firmware ver 7.5. When I try to watch youtube content ( ie T Series ) it always pops an error that "error loading, try again later" It was always working before. I think new FW version screwed up certain youtube content. I already resetted, rebooted and factory resetted the Apple TV HD but same issue. Most US content seems to load fine. International content like t-series videos are not loading ? Strange but it seems that something changed in the last firmware upgrade ???!

Apr 5, 2020 3:48 AM in response to tinus007

Hi All,

same issue here. I can not play all Videos. Some play, some doesn’t. I have Apple TV 3 gen and i am from Germany. I also did the update - but the issue is still alive. On iPhone or IPad it works with all the videos, which are not playing on Apple TV. Any suggestions? It also seems to me, that most of the videos, which are not working, are international...should it depends on which server are the videos?

Apr 5, 2020 5:23 AM in response to tinus007

I have the exact same problem. Try to play a video on YouTube on ATV 3rd gen and either it will just come up with "An error loading this content. Try again later." or it will play some commercial and after the commercial go back to the home page of YouTube. I've updated to the latest software 7.5, I've restarted it, pulled the main power supply out, restarted my router, and then finally restored it back to factory settings only to face the same issue. Any fix for this as I even called apply and was told to contact YouTube. This error is super annoying. Appreciate any info regarding this.

Apr 5, 2020 7:03 AM in response to rkaufmann87

If the problem is with YouTube, why does it only affect Apple TV devices? Not a tech-y guy, but I’ve looked through google’s message boards related to this, and everyone seems to be having the same issue. Also not a ranter, but I do understand the frustration as people are trying to keep their sanity any way possible right now. Any help/guidance is surely appreciated.

Apr 5, 2020 7:43 AM in response to tinus007

The new firmware is NOT what caused this. I tried my ATV3 before and after the firmware with the same failed result on music videos. This appears to be purposefully done by Apple from what I can tell since the videos still play on every other device that accesses YouTube. It's called forced obsolescence in the business world. All I can say right now with this pandemic going on and everyone at home is that this is not cool. At all. Fix it now.

Apr 5, 2020 5:53 PM in response to J0nx

Have a number of reports from seniors who do not have the latest generation of AppleTV hardware reporting this problem. Can I get a confirmation from Apple that this is:

A. A known apple bug and the resolution target date is?

B. Something Apple is responsible for; however Apple will not be resolving it.

C. A confirmed YouTube change that is causing the issue.

Thank you for your candid and prompt response so that this issue can be promptly and properly reported on.

Apr 5, 2020 11:16 PM in response to rkaufmann87

It seems like not, then what for good is this forum then ?

This issue is apparently worldwide not just for 1 country.

Where we can possibly get official help from Apple or at least some statement..

This is on going for couple of days apparently for many people...

I also checked Google forums - same situation, many affected users, no help at all :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.