Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switch between keyboard layout using caps lock

Sometimes I press Caps Lock to switch keyboard layout, but it doesn't work. It shows the layout is ABC, but actually Chinese comes out, or sometimes I need to press Caps Lock for 5 or more times to make it switch to another layout.

If it has been a while I don't restart my Mac, it will happen. To fix it, I have to restart my Mac. The problem occurs on all app. I have had the problem since High Sierra.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 8:49 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 28, 2020 6:39 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

External keyboard works fine for a few hours. But I’m not sure if the problem will come back. It occurs only the Mac’s been running for half a day or 2 days. But it must occur at the end. And my Caps Lock seems good because if I switch off the Caps Lock to switch layout option, every time I press Caps Lock the green light will be on and off responding quickly. I got advice from the internet to kill “TISwitcher” programme and it works. What does this programme do?

Switch between keyboard layout using caps lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.