Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Caps while switching languages

Hi,

I am using a MacBook air MacOS Monterey version 12.2.1.

I use several keyboards on my mac and I am used to switch between them easily. However, since I updates to the Monterey version, I am unable to do this.

Whenever I wanted to switch from any language (Arabic for example) to English, I simply pressed the Shift key with a letter in the keyboard (it gave a letter in caps)

Now, whenever I do that I get weird symbols! and I am unable to figure out how to make my keyboard respond to the Shift key again.

please note: I am not referring to switching between keyboards. I am specifically referring to caps!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Maysoon

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 1:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 12:28 PM

maysoon210 wrote:

I also use the Hebrew keyboard and I am unable to use caps with shift+ letter!

It has to be the "Hebrew PC" input source. Please post a picture of what your Keyboard Viewer shows when that keyboard is active and you are holding down the shift key.

I am sure that I was able to do this before the last update...

I've been following Mac keyboard problems for many years but cannot remember any Apple Arabic keyboard which did that, only Hebrew PC.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2022 12:28 PM in response to maysoon210

maysoon210 wrote:

I also use the Hebrew keyboard and I am unable to use caps with shift+ letter!

It has to be the "Hebrew PC" input source. Please post a picture of what your Keyboard Viewer shows when that keyboard is active and you are holding down the shift key.

I am sure that I was able to do this before the last update...

I've been following Mac keyboard problems for many years but cannot remember any Apple Arabic keyboard which did that, only Hebrew PC.

Apr 6, 2022 6:00 AM in response to maysoon210

maysoon210 wrote:

I mean pressing shift + any other letter while using Arabic keyboard for example and getting that letter in English.

None of Apple's Arabic keyboards have ever produced English by just pressing the shift key as far as I know. You have always had to switch keyboards to US via control space, caps lock, or Fn/Globe.

Did you perhaps download and install a additional Arabic keyboard from someplace?

Or are you talking about just the numbers/symbols row of keys? (and not the letter keys).

Caps while switching languages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.