Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health Data App Taking Up Too Much Storage

Does anyone know how to clean up the data storage that continues to be used by the Health App even after you Delete ALL Data from all of your Sources? The Health App itself says No Data but iPhone Storage is still saying it has 250MB of data. I tried deleting all Source, turning on/off iCloud syncing and deleting the data, but it does not free up the space. I have seen the suggestions to reset my phone and restore it from a backup, but even with an encrypted backup this will break a number of secure apps I have installed for work and getting security reset for all of the will take a lot of time and calls to help desk/administrators. For other apps I can simply delete the app and re-install, but Apple does not allow that with the Health App, which they should if they are going to pre-install apps with issue like these. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 10:06 AM

Hello ramm001 and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you have a question about space consumed on your device by the Health app.

You mentioned an encrypted backup. Actual both iCloud (which is encrypted by default) and an iTunes/Finder backup with encryption enabled will include any of that Health data still left on the device. The way to clear it would be to create an unencrypted iTunes/Finder backup and then restore from that.

About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

An unencrypted backup leaves a number of data classifications out including Health data.

As it sounds like this is not a great solution for your situation, you may wish to leave feedback for Apple about this issue. You can do so here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple Using the drop-down menu on that page, choose the option for Feature Request. Cheers.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2020 10:06 AM in response to ramm001

Hello ramm001 and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you have a question about space consumed on your device by the Health app.

You mentioned an encrypted backup. Actual both iCloud (which is encrypted by default) and an iTunes/Finder backup with encryption enabled will include any of that Health data still left on the device. The way to clear it would be to create an unencrypted iTunes/Finder backup and then restore from that.

About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

An unencrypted backup leaves a number of data classifications out including Health data.

As it sounds like this is not a great solution for your situation, you may wish to leave feedback for Apple about this issue. You can do so here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple Using the drop-down menu on that page, choose the option for Feature Request. Cheers.

Mar 30, 2020 10:57 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Thanks. Left the feature request as suggested. I have both unencrypted (iCloud) and encrypted backups (Local) but as I stated resetting phone and restoring from either breaks a number of secure applications I have installed, and now is not the time to try and reach support. In general, iOS 13.4 seems to a lot more space on my phone, not after the install, but as it runs, which is why I am looking to free more up.

Health Data App Taking Up Too Much Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.